Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

diaries of a visaphobic

Tomorrow should be the day I face my version of primal fear: getting a visa appointment for a touristic purpose. To tell you how much I hate getting in line, acting like I was not proud to have a Lebanese passport, here is my story: I recall wanting to go so bad to the States 3 years ago, back when Aoukar's inhabitants were so envied living under the wing of the American embassy (wondering if a visa for them was a neighborhood privilege) , I had decided to make it to the US differently..... (don't get carried away with thoughts) I tried my luck applying for a scholarship I had accidentally heard of at school.
I was right.

Paris this time - No scholarship.  Only a pile of documents and hideous passport photos.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Ah the awful hell of visas... I got one for the European Union back in '09... All went well for six months while I lived in Spain... But then I ended being deported from France, managed to escape (without realizing I was doing it) and traveled solo for three weeks before going back to Mexico.
xoxo
Anita